Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Braces.

Poor Averi.
The girl was NOT excited about getting a new grill!
A few months ago we took Averi in for a cleaning...we left with bad news. :(
She would need braces...TWICE!
The first set will correct her bite.
The second will correct alignment...but she won't need them until she's about 12.
So in we went & she was such a champ!
Poor girl only ate yogurt & applesauce the first few days.
But, in the few short weeks she's had them on, the have already done WONDERS to her bite!
She will have them on for a few more months & we hope it does the trick.
It has been hard for her to go back to school with them on.  She has been SO worried that she would get made fun of...which she has & it's only the 2nd day of school.
Why do kids have to be so cruel?!?
As we were driving home today, I overheard Lucas telling her that she was still beautiful!
Melts my heart.
Love them both & I'm so grateful when my kids are kind to each other...because let's face it...she needed to hear that she's just as cute with them on!

1 comments:

The Calico Crew said...

I'm surprised she gets made fun of because most kids really want them (until they get them on). It's like jewelry...for teeth! I think she looks cute too! Braces are for cute faces--tin grin is in--ok, so i can't think of any more but there you go! ;)