Dan has had this past week off & it has been some what therapeutic. It's been a LOOOONG time since we've had a whole week of him to ourselves. Work, school, and church seem to take up his spare time. We have been waiting patiently to go to New Harmony to get some apples. Friday was the day. So we stopped & checked Averi out of school (only 15 minutes left of school :) and drove the short trip north. If I was ever to live in a small town....a very small town, New Harmony would make my top 5. Everything there just seems to move at a slower pace. Not to mention the cute little houses with some pretty cool old cars, the old bus being my favorite. Oh, and the temperature was AMAZING! It actually felt like fall! We picked up our 200 lbs. of apples (not all ours) and then Dan decided he wanted to show us where he's hunted for turkeys in the past. He drove us up into the orchard. So peaceful. The kids loved riding in the back of the truck (we were going like 3 mph, no worries), and looking at the horses. I love days that I don't feel in a rush from one place to the next. I guess I can dream that every day was like that!!!

Up next is a day of applesauce making!
Yum!!!







0 comments:
Post a Comment