Thursday, October 14, 2010

I love the smell of cooking apples!
That is the smell I woke up to monday morning....@ 10 am.
Don't judge!
I woke up to a thrown out back & could barely move.
My sweet hubby let me sleep in AND he started making applesauce.
Let's be honest....
-he's amazing.
-he doesn't really need my help.
-he does most...99%, of the work.
The applesauce turned out delicious & a really cool pinkish color.
The kids love it.
I love that they love it, because I know what I'm putting into it:
Apples & a little bit of sugar.
This is the 2nd year we've done it.
I now consider it a tradition.
We will continue to do this every fall.
And I wanna know....
do you eat your applesauce with 1 spoon or 2?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm... the applesauce looks so yummy! I know I wasn't supposed to look in the background... but can I just not say I am COMPLETELY jealous of your cupboard space! I wish ours had that many cupboards in our kitchen.

Sandi said...

ha ha. great pic! Nobody at my house likes applesauce except for Dave, so needless to say, he never gets any. maybe you should feel bad for him and set some aside for our next visit!

Nilsson Family said...

Yumm!! I love new harmony too. In fact my brother married a girl that has a lot of land there, and we think thats why:) Your kids are cute. See you at the party!!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I did applesauce for the first time this spring and I love it! Not only yummy, but healthy. I out a little cinnamon in too and it makes is extra fab!

Great pic!