I feel so domestic.
A few months ago, a few neighbors and I got together
to make some homemade laundry soap (Thanks Leslie for teaching us).
It lasted me over 2 months & cost me less than $10.
I don't know about you, but we are on a pretty tight budget.
Meaning: we don't have a lot of extra $$$ to buy
the kind of soap I'd really like to.
And I'm ok with that because this is a pretty dang good alternative.
It also doesn't take very long to make, less than 30 minutes.
My mom makes her own liquid laundry detergent &
I know she loves it.
Maybe in a few months I'll try that.
But for now, here is the "Recipe":
Laundry Soap
*2 cups bar soap
(I use Ivory)
*1 cup baking soda
*1 cup Borax (laundry booster)
Directions:
I get the 10 bar pkg. of Ivory soap & grate it all. Newspaper works great & is easy clean-up.
Once you're done grating the soap, measure out each ingredient & dump into a LARGE bowl & mix really well. Repeat until your grated soap is gone.
When ready to use, you ONLY need 2 Tablespoons.
Tips:
Be sure to get the large box/bag of baking soda.
I added a few bars of my favorite soap for some extra scent.








1 comments:
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment