Saturday morning took us to the the town of Tropic.
Otherwise known as "Tropical" to Averi.
It is anything but tropical, but it does have a pretty gorgeous
backdrop. This is where my dad grew up.
There are no stop lights.
I think MOST of the roads are paved, but would not be
surprised if some weren't.
It is just down the road from Bryce Canyon National Park.
It is small, quiet & much much cooler than St. G.
The drive over Cedar Mountain was beautiful & nice & cool.
Our family reunion started just after lunch.
We played games, visited, listened to stories about our Grandma J*.
I don't remember much of her, I was pretty young when she passed away.
But it was fun to hear some of my Aunts & Uncles memories of her.
Did I mention there are 12 siblings in my Dad's family.
My Grandpa J* died when my dad was 7 or 8 (I think).
We finished off the day with dinner & the raffle.
The kids had fun running around, playing w/cousins, getting more
candy than they need & just enjoying the day.

top r to l: Lucas playing one of the games, my mom was snappin' a pic of me so I returned the favor, dan teaching Carson...something?!?, my bro-in-law...he's special ;)
bottom r to l: Chase, Tate, "the blond bombshell" aka Hayden, cute Averi.
***
This pic makes me laugh & think back to when I was much younger.
Does that make me sound old?!?
This is my dad.
When he would take us to:
*school
*practice
*to feed the horses with him
*or anywhere really,
we'd passed one of the many "dip" signs, he'd say....
"look, there's your name on that sign."
It always made us laugh.
That's one of my favorite things about my dad.

Lots more pics to come of our weekend.
I know, you must be SO excited! ;)







2 comments:
my dad said the same thing to me and now I find myself saying it to my kids.
I've said it a few times to Averi & she just looks at me like I'm CRAZY! Someday she'll learn to appreciate it! ;)
Post a Comment