Sunday, June 27, 2010

Exhausted.

This is the word that describes how I've felt for the past few days.

A few months back, a bunch of friends/teammates from high school

decided to put a team together for the Summer Games.

I love basketball. I've always loved basketball.

But I've come to realize that I am no longer in basketball shape.

It doesn't matter if I'd been running for months in preparation.

I hadn't.

But even if I had, it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Basketball shape is much different than "running" shape.

Basketball shape is something that will be a memory.

A very distant but good memory.

We added a few extra women to the mix & we had a lot of fun.

We ended up playing 5 games in 3 days.

We mainly played against teams with girls that are around 18 or 19 years old

& that MOST if not ALL play on some sort of college team such as BYU, U of U, SLCC.

Our youngest player was 25.

Our oldest is just shy of 31.

They other teams were in pretty dang good shape.

But I was not.

I hurt. I really hurt.

But we had SO much fun & it was great to see faces that I haven't

seen in a while.

Here is almost all of us + a few extra's ;)

We were known as the "Fat Ladies".

But we could've also been called "The Momma's"

There are 19 & 1/2 kids between all of us.

SummerGames1.jpg

(Thanks for the pic Heather)

Maybe next year we can just get together for a girls weekend?!!?! :)

0 comments: