Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Fourth.

I {LOVE} the 4th of July....or pretty much the whole month of July.
It gives us a a great excuse to play & just enjoy being together as a family.
The only thing I would do away with is the heat.
I don't know how I've survived 29 years in this dang summer weather.
Dan slept for the 1st half of the day because he had worked the night before.
So it was just the kids & I for a while.
We headed to the park w/some of my family & enjoyed the traditional:

*Races.
Lucas took 1st, Averi took 2nd. The other cousins each placed 1st, 1st & 3rd.
*The Cake walk.
I tried to talk Averi into choosing something that was store-bought. I'm a little weird when it comes to now knowing where something comes from. I get it from my Dad.
*Wagon train ride.
*Fish pond
& other fun booths.
***
It's always fun to see so many people I grew up with that continue to come back every year.
***
After that we headed to grandmas & the kids cooled down in the ditch. One of my favorite past-times. The rest of us that are too old & probably too big to play in the ditch played dominoes. I'm finally getting the hang of it!
***
When Dan woke up we headed to the movies to take the kids to see
"Toy Story 3"
(in 3D)
Loved it.
Definitely will buy when it comes out.
But I really wish we hadn't paid the extra $$$ for 3D.
Not worth it.
I've also decided that why pay $5-$7.50 when you can wait a bit & see it for $2.
I think it might be the cheap & frugal side of me coming out.
***
Afterwords we headed to watch the fireworks in St. G.
We always sit in our "regular" spot which is the cemetery.
Weird? Yes.
Perfect View? Absolutely!

Perfect ending to a great day!
(Can somebody PLEASE teach me how to take cool firework pics? I can't figure it out for the life of me.)

1 comments:

lorimu said...

Looks like you guys had fun on the 4th.

Funny you should ask about fireworks photos, I just read this post the other day and thought it might help...http://stiesthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/07/freedom-baby.html