Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring break has come & just about gone. :(
I have LOVED not having a schedule & "sleeping in" (anything past 7:30 is considered sleeping in)!!!
We didn't have much planned other than our Vegas trip so we really just relaxed the whole week. We saw "Alice in Wonderland" w/the cousins. It was different, good, but different. I'm also not a huge Tim Burton fan so don't let my opinion sway you one way or the other. See it for yourself! We finally got a chance to finish our "Disneyland" blankets, just in time! We've wanted to take the kids to Disneyland this year & found a great way to go. Dan, Averi & I made 3 fleece tie blankets. We had a FHE about service & what it means & then worked on our blankets. They turned out really good & it was a great project to work on together as a family. Averi included a little encouraging note w/each of the blankets. I'm bummed that I forgot to take a picture. Here we are...hard @ work:
***
I honestly thought that I MIGHT be lucky enough to have 2 kids that don't fight.
That day has arrived....ok, so it arrived a while ago. I don't know if it's their age difference, boy/girl difference or if that even matters. They bicker. And it's annoying. They do however love each other. That is obvious. I guess I should be lucky that the "bickering" is minimal.
But what can I say....I love these two.
I believe Averi got her freckles from me. She says she hates them. But I love them & think they're adorable! Lucas however must have got his Dad's "style" & seems to be a little color-blind! He very rarely matches. This is what he looks like most days that he dresses himself. He melts my heart with his mis-matched clothes, back pack & church shoes. Oh, and don't forget the hat!
(click to enjoy a larger pic of Averi's freckles & Lucas' "style"!)

0 comments: