Monday, September 21, 2009

Just thoughts.

I love this boy.
He really is a joy to be around.
Most of the time.
He's got quite the imagination
& it is SO funny to listen to him play.
We get to spend lots of time, just the
2 of us, while Dad is @ work/school &
Averi is @ school.
Potty training is ALMOST complete.
I'm trying everything & anything
I can think of to complete the whole
"process". I guess it will just be on
his time.
Sooner rather than later would be
AWESOME!
Overall though, it has been
pretty easy!
***
Averi is doing well in school.
She really HATES doing homework
& I just can't seem to change that.
We try & make it as fun as possible,
but I think for now it's going to
be a daily struggle. When Dan & I have
a conversation that is for our ears
only yet the kids are around, we spell
things out. That is quickly coming to an
end as her reading & spelling have
taken off. Our friend Daylemarie
suggested we learn piglatin.
She has lost 7 teeth & is
constantly reminding me that her
birthday is in December.
It is going to be a long 2 1/2 months.
***
Dan is still busy, busy with
school, 2 jobs & his calling as EQP.
We don't see him much but we're
both playing co-ed softball which
has been really fun.
He did get an elk this year but
I don't have a picture of it.
Proud of you babe!
***
I'm still working, but only
1 to 2 days a week. I've been
able to volunteer in Averi's
class on Mondays which has been
a lot of fun. I'll be starting
city volleyball in October &
can't wait. My newest adventure
is that I was put in the
RS presidency as the 2nd counselor.
Which means Enrichment.
Whoa! Talk about overwhelmed.
(those of you who are crafty, suggestions are welcomed)
I was literally a basket case
last week. But as soon as I was
set apart yesterday, a very calm
& peaceful feeling came over me.
I'm truly grateful for the
opportunity.
Hopefully I don't screw it up! =0)
***
The past year & a 1/2 has been
@ times very difficult. But I
cannot help but feel that we
have been watched over & blessed
so much more than we deserve.
I am constantly reminded how
much our Heavenly Father truly
loves us.

5 comments:

Heather B said...

That's exciting about your new calling, good luck you will be GREAT at it! Good luck with the potty training completion. :) Give me your advice when you're done.

The Muntifering Family said...

Wow, Suzanne! In the RS how exciting. Who is the new president? We miss you guys.

The Papa's said...

Thanks ladies!!!
Rashelle-her name is Janet Cherry. She is pretty new in our ward, I don't think she lived here when you guys were still here. She's very sweet! How are you anyway? We miss you guys a ton! Update that blog so we can see what the heck u are up to! ;0)

April said...

Of course you have been blessed over the past year....you met me! lol!

Nilsson Family said...

Hey, we miss you all over there already. But I am glad I still get to see you at bunko!! Cute pics..