Sunday, September 27, 2009

Busy.

I loved this pic of Averi.
She is finally feeling better & is headed
back to school tomorrow.
We are both thrilled!
She's been bored ALL week!
***
*FINALLY*
I can now officially say that Lucas is
potty trained. We tried just about everything we
could think of. We even resorted to bribery.
He's been coveting his friends scooter so we
thought that it just might be the thing that
worked. Now, I don't know if it was the scooter
or if it was just him being ready, but something
worked. He was SO excited to ride.
Of course I was working when he finally pooped.
(yup, I just said poop on MY blog)
I will leave him in a diaper @ night for
a few more weeks. He doesn't need it, but
it's for my own peace of mind.
That, and the fact that he is still in a crib.
I just can't handle him getting up @ 5 am
every morning!
***
This was my canning project last week.
I didn't get to the applesauce or jam yet.
That will be this week, hopefully!
I think it turned out great!
(thanks April & Genis for all of the tips)
Canning chicken is definitely an
ALL day project.
I got 6 quarts & 12 pints done this
week. Doesn't seem like very much, but
it's pretty time consuming.
A HUGE thanks to my MIL
Lorie for helping.
Ok, so she really did most of the work.
The good news is not only did we can the
chicken, but we also didn't
blow ourselves up!
Pressure cooking is NO joke! =0)
***
I found this entertainment center
for $50 on craig's list. It's HUGE!!!
And just what I've been looking for.
I've been wanting a new entertainment center
for FOREVER. But they are just too darn
expensive! The other great thing about it
is that it's real wood. Not the pressed laminate
stuff. I bought enough paint to do this & also the
dresser in my bedroom for $11 bucks.
It took me about a day and a 1/2 to paint
& antique it.
I am SO happy with the results &
it looks great in my living room.
Now I've just got to find some baskets
big enough to fit.
I'm hoping IKEA has what I need!

6 comments:

Erin said...

WOW, good job with the entertainment center. Awwwwwwwwwwesom! Potty training is still only a dream in our house as of right now. good job with that too. I hope to get the applesauce done this week and I would like to start doing chicken in a few weeks. we'll see how it goes. We do need to chat more often

Jack Attack said...

you are very talented with a can of paint. and resourceful. nice job.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Wow, you are quite the little homemaker! Awesome!

Tyler and Kacie said...

You are the bomb.com!!!!! Will you come help me paint my house ;) I just have to get $$$ for paint first!

April said...

Look at you with the entertainment center!!! I am impressed! And the chicken looks great too!

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Holy cow Suz, I am very impressed with the refurbished furniture pieces. They look awesome!!! You really do have quite the nack for decorating. Quite the skills with photography as well, hint, hint!!! Anytime would work great for me! :)