Thursday, August 7, 2008

Here's to you Heath....


Some of you may know my brother in law, Heath. He and his family just recently moved to Pennsylvania for him to continue his education (He is an amazing artist!!!) We miss them dearly, Dan now has to find a new hunting partner. Anyway, Heath asked me to post this recipe for homeade oreo's (I totally think they're better than the real ones.) But first I'd like to say that one of the many reasons I miss them is that Heath would eat just about anything I made. Maybe he was just pretending, but I felt like a pretty darn good cook!!!! So here's to you Heath-we miss you guys a ton and can't wait til we can see ya' next!!!


HOMEMADE OREO'S


2 pkg. Devils Food cake mix

1 1/2 c. shortening

4 eggs


Mix all together. Roll into balls about the size of a quarter.

Bake @ 350 for 9 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Cool completely. Match up two cookies that are similar in size,
and then fill.


Filling


2 2/3 c. powdered sugar

1 - 8 oz. brick cream cheese

1/2 cube butter


Mix together until smooth.

Fill center of the cookies.

ENJOY!!!

0 comments: