Thursday, August 7, 2008

Crazy Life!!!

Really, life has been so crazy lately!!! And as crazy as this sounds, I am sooo ready for the summer to be over. Don't get me wrong, summer events are the most fun, it will just be so nice to have a better routine going on, and also some cooler weather. We've had lots of fun at Lake Powell, hanging with family and friends, ballgames(Dan) and gearing up for Averi to (sniffle sniffle) start KINDERGARTEN!!! I know, I can't believe she is starting school already. Emotionally, I thought I was ready, I think I was wrong, but I am still so excited for her to start this new chapter in her short life. She is such a smart little girl, sometimes too smart for her own good, but I know she will have so much fun learning and making new friends. Lucas continues to entertain us with some of the new words he's picked up, which reminds me of things I shouldn't say. Maybe I shouldn't admit to that, but it's true!!! He's such a boy, he loves everything cars or balls, loving every minute of watching his dad play on a city league team. We've had the rare opportunity to have an unusual amount of time together as a family, but we know that some of the things that have taken place in the last few months have happened for a reason, and we know that we have been blessed in many ways. Dan will be starting school in the fall and is currently looking for a job. He has enjoyed playing on a city league team, which luckily after being sick for quite a few weeks with vertigo, is now feeling more like himself. He is excited to get back into school and finish his degree. I have been busy working at the community center, I've picked up a few extra hours until Dan starts school. Work and family keep me really busy so I don't feel like I have as much time to do other things, but Life is good. With Averi starting school in just a week, she has kept me busy getting ready. Did I mention it took us over an hour to pick out a backpack!!! I think I should've at least gotten an award for mother of the week. Not to mention the Target employee that was laughing at us for being there so long. Hope all is going well with each of you!!! I am going to try and post some more later and maybe even some pics!!!

2 comments:

The Bulkley Bunch said...

Hey girl, your blog is absolutely darling.... We sure do love you guys.... Wendi

The Isoms said...

That is funny about the backpack... she has to have just the perfect one! I wished Logan was starting this year, but I am sure next year my feelings will be a little more mixed!