So I usually try and check my email everyday, and I got this really cool one from my sister today. I'm sure some of you have heard or seen this, but I thought it was a pretty amazing story of love. It also made me realize how thankful I am to have such an amazing Dad. No, we didn't run a marathon together, but he would do and sacrifice anything for his family. Note: This has nothing to do with our life, but it is a really amazing story. And also you may need some tissues, I cried through the whole video clip.
A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'
The father, despite having a heart condition, says, 'Yes.' They went on
to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together. One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.'To which, his father said 'Yes.' For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.Father and son went on to complete the race together. View this!
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513
14 years ago







4 comments:
Hey Suzanne- found your blog thru the Carpenters so Im adding you to mine too!
Welcome to the blogging world! It is great fun! Do you mind if I add your link?
Yeah Suz. You'd think because we live relatively close I'd see you more, not the case. Life gets so busy. Iam so glad you are blogging. Now I can kind of keep in touch, we still have to really get together though. We don't see enough of your cute family. I love that Hoyt team video clip, it is so inspiring. Love ya and hope work is going good. What's the latest with Dan's job search?
YAY SUZ!! So glad you have a blog now. Can't wait for more- and it's true, this blog will be the best journal you've ever had. I'm going to get mine made into a book someday, because it's turned into such a great record. LOVE YA!
Post a Comment