Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Day...

So yesterday was the 24th of July, a Utah holiday. I look forward to it every year. It means parade, games, good food and family. Averi was able to be in the parade again this year, I think she enjoyed being a part of it. She was able to dress up like a pioneer(thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Papa for helping out in the costume department.) She looked really cute in her long skirt, apron and bonnet!!! After the parade we headed to the park for the races. Lucas ran first and actually took first place, he won a free snow cone, which his sister ate. On the 4th they had races and Lucas didn't even make it past the starting line, so we were really proud of him. Come to find out, Dan told him if he won he'd buy him a balloon, I guess it worked!!! Averi ran also and she did really well, she took third or fourth, we were really proud of her. After the races Dan had to go help out at the wards booth selling nachos, I wasn't too happy cause that meant I had to fight both kids at all of the booths, but it actually turned out okay, we just hung out a little with Linzi, Carson and Chase. Averi got her face painted, ate snow cones and had lots of fun playing on the playground. We finally decided that we had enough of the hot weather and went to Wal-Mart and bought a sprinkler for the kids to play in the water outside. They were happy playing in the water eating their otter pops. Thank goodness for otter pops, what would we ever do without them in the summer. Dan and I were exhausted, the hot weather just drains the energy so quick so we took a nice long nap. We met Grandma and Papa Jolley, Uncle Cody, Aunt Linzi, Carson, Chase and sweet little Hayden at Chuck A Rama for dinner, it was so good, or maybe it was the fact that I didn't have to cook. Afterwards we spent an hour or so at Grandma and Grandpa Papa's house where Lucas got to ride in the Jeep with Grandpa and Averi got to gather all the eggs from the chicken coop, she's such a good little helper. We ended the night with fireworks back at Grandma and Papa Jolleys house. Dan and Uncle Cody did a little pre-fireworks display before the BIG SHOW. The fireworks were great this year, Washington City really outdid themselves. It was such a fun day and we are definitley looking forward to next years Pioneer Day Celebration.


Balloons...

Face Painting...

Jeep Rides and....
Snow Cones!!!

1 comments:

jenbulkley said...

I see you have a blog. I like your pic of the kids on the top. Very cute!