Wednesday was our very last full day in California.
We were absolutely NOT ready to come home to reality.
We decided to go to 2 of our favorite beaches & spend a few hours.
First up was Newport.
I love the laid back feeling & we just enjoyed walking on the beach, sticking our sore feet in the cold water, & looking for sea-shells.
The kids LOVED every minute of it.
I've never considered myself a beach person.
I've never thought I could live anywhere but Utah.
But I kind of felt at home when we came back to Cali.
Dan & I decided that at some point in our future life, we will try to live close to the beach.
It's kind of therapeutic. :)

Dan is amazing when it comes to teaching our kids new things.
He is quite the explorer & the kids LOVED it.
He showed them all sorts of things & they were entertained.
We walked the beach for about 1 1/2 hours...& I didn't apply sunscreen to anyone.
Whoops!
A crab.
One of the many cool things Dan found...or maybe it was Averi...can't remember!
We tried really hard to get it to come out of its shell...we finally gave up!

Next we grabbed some lunch & then headed to Huntington Beach.
This time we spent most of our time on the pier.
We watched the fisherman pull in their catch & also had some fun watching the surfers.

It was such a fun, relaxing day.
A great way to end our vacation.
Hopefully it won't be another 4 years before we can come back!
Until next time!
Love this man!







0 comments:
Post a Comment