Friday, November 5, 2010

Thankful #5.

#5.
The Temple.
I feel so lucky that we live so close to this beautiful place.
It is a place of refuge from this crazy world we live in.
I do not go nearly as much as I should. I should be taking advantage of living so close, because I'm sure this won't always be the case. A few times a week I workout at the college for one of my classes. The college is only a few blocks from the temple, & so I like to include the temple on part of my running route. As I get close, I turn off my music & just enjoy the silence. It is amazing how many people are up that early! One morning as I was running, I saw a cute old man walking....slowly across the street. He was being assisted by his walker, with his temple bag hooked on the front. I was so impressed because clearly, walking is not an easy task for him. Yet there he was @ 6:30 am heading to the temple. What an example that was to me.
Also, I love to take my kids to walk the temple grounds for FHE.
I love that they love going, & hope that this will always be the case!

0 comments: