Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day.

Happy Mothers Day!

It has been a great day full of:

*sleeping in {pure bliss}
*yummy breakfast made by Dan the Man!
*much needed nap {heaven}
*Dinner-cooked by the men of the family! SO good!
*chatting w/my mom & sisters while the men did the dishes {awesome}

These are the women who I love the very most. I love them dearly & think they are amazing moms & women. I included a very precious picture of my grandma (who just turned 95 last week) with my kids, it's a picture I will treasure forever! Hope you all had a wonderful mothers day & were spoiled rotten, because you deserve it!
I "stole" this off of fb, I loved it!

"The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." — Margaret Nadauld

So thankful to have a mother who was-tender, kind, refined, faithful, good, virtuous, & pure!
***
Here is an extra special "treat" for ya'll!
Dan's Mom gave me this a week or so ago & I decided to save it for Mothers day.
This was written when Dan was 10 or 11 years old. It is SO sweet & pretty dang funny!
(click on image to enlarge)

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Love it!

Heather B said...

That's so darling!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Dan, what a beautiful letter about your mom! Thanks for sharing Suz!