Today was WONDERFUL! I just got home from a GNO & it is exactly what I needed! Thanks ladies, you are all a blast to be with. Sorry no pictures, my camera is too big to carry around in my purse! :) A HUGE shout out to my wonderful-sleep-deprived hubby who willingly & happily took the kids home, fed them dinner, bathed, etc......<3 you!
***
For journaling purposes, I wanted to write down a conversation that took place between Lucas & I. First let me state my non-medical opinion: I think Lucas is color-blind, but not ALL colors, just some of them....just like his father! :) And because of this, it has made it very difficult & frustrating to help him learn his colors. My very sweet MIL made him this really cute ice cream cone with quite a few colors. He loves to play with the ice cream cone, but that's as far as we've gotten. :/ Here is the conversation that took place in the car:
Me: Lucas, what color is your sucker?
L: I don't know! (said very matter of factly & quite frankly, I think he was bugged)
Me: Guess
L: Hmmmm, green.
Me: No, guess again
L: I don't know Mom!
Me: It's yellow. It's also the same color as a banana...
L: It's the same color as that sign right there!
Me: Yes, it is. That sign is YELLOW. So what color is your sucker?
L: I don't know, but it's the same color as that "LELLOW" sign back there!
AHHHH! He is going to be the only child that doesn't know his colors when he starts pre-school. Or is it that he is just playing me for a fool?!? Suggestions from you much-smarter-than-I-am mothers?!?
(I sure do love him though!)







4 comments:
He may be color-blind. There are different versions of it. My dad is color-blind and he still can't "see" some colors. He thinks things are the wrong color all the time. You can have an eye doctor test him to know for sure.
Thanks! Dan is the same way, he has trouble w/a few colors. It's kinda funny sometimes! :)
Good Party! We need to just set a night every month or so. Way too much fun. Colorblind eh? I say roll with it and get him on video! ;)
Love the blog.
We are
boatrightfamilysmiles.blogspot.com
Just ask him for a hug....he gives good hugs and that will make it all better.
Post a Comment