Thursday, December 3, 2009

A pirates life for me.

After a long hiatus from the ER
we made a trip there last night.
Dan & I picked up the kids yesterday
& found that Averi had a pretty bad scratch
on her cornea. I love that Dan has
some ER connections & we were able to
get her right in. They numbed her eye
up & put a dye in her eye & used a
special light to look & see what the damage
was. Instead of only 1 scratch there were 2. :(
It is one of the coolest things I've seen done.
And believe me, we've seen many interesting
things. We have to take her back in 2 days
& put ointment in her eye 4x a day. But
it's already looking really good & we
feel SO lucky that it wasn't worse.
***
Lucas got Averi his pirate patch last
night because the light was hurting her eyes.
Too funny!
***
I sometimes forget that my kids
actually care for each other.
We dropped Lucas off @ my dad's
& before he got out of the car he leaned
over & gave her a sweet little kiss &
told her it would be all right & that she
needed to be tough. And the best thing
of all, since we decided to keep her
home today, they have played SO well today!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

glad that she's ok. That's so cute that lucas is being so sweet. I love sweet kids.

April said...

Hers a pirate! And her moms in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!!

The Papa's said...

I know! I am SO sorry! I couldn't help myself! ;)

Jessica said...

So cute. Makes me want more kids so Ryder can have a sibling. Love it.

The Isoms said...

Eye injuries are the worst!
She does look cute in a patch though!