I'm sitting here listening to the hubby
snore, he's exhausted & he's been asleep
since 8:45. I have about a million
random thoughts running through my
head right now, so I thought I'd jot a
few down. Feel free to leave.
*First, Thanksgiving was weird this year. We were on our own & my amazing friend Brooke took pity on us. Thank you! Dan had to work @ 4 & it just seemed weird not to have him around. I kept the kids occupied with a redbox, popcorn & chocolate chip cookies. It seemed to work. I also made my 2 pies, one german chocolate & the other blackberry (for Dan the Man). The crust is SO much better when my Mom does it. Also, SO glad Brooke's MIL & niece are ok after a serious 4-wheeler accident.
*I'm ready to quit & be @ home. I only work 1 day a week & and an occasional weekend, but it always seems like I have @ least 1 or 2 more meetings. This week I have 3, which means I will be gone monday-thursday night :(. We never have FHE & let's be honest, I feel guilty about that. Dan is so supportive either way, he knows how much I love my girls (you know who you are :) & that it will be hard when I actually do quit.
*I'm ALMOST done with Christmas shopping....for the kids. Only stocking stuffers & a few other things to go. So happy that I started back in July. I should do that every year. Excited to see Heath, Erin & the boys....so is Dan.
*Some lady from the ward told me she was disappointed that I wasn't the new Relief Society president. I laughed....really hard. She didn't think it was funny. She must not know me very well.
*Ready for Dan's semester to be O*V*E*R. I need some down time with the fam & I would LOVE to have an actual date with him. It's been Forever!
*Nervous for Dan & his next semesters classes. They will be tough & he will probably be gone much more than he already is :(. But only 1 semester left before we can start applying to PA schools. Yay!!!
*I wish I had the time to take a photography class. Someday.
*It was SO nice to see my brother & his cute gf Katie. It was great to be able to sit & visit with them & I wish they lived closer. I am SO glad they are safe & mended from their accident. And glad they made it home safe & sound.
*My gravy turned out SO SO yummy! Thanks to my fabulous cousin Cori!
*All my Christmas decorations are up, except for the tree. I am not looking forward to putting it up.
If you made it through all of those, good for you. Here
is the AMAZING sunset we had on friday. It was GORGEOUS!
And of course, my 2 pies!







5 comments:
Take a couple of weeks off. But you are NOT allowed to quit. DO YOU HEAR ME????? Good. Now. I love ya! You rock! And you know who you are!
nice pies! We can't wait to come visit. I know the two weeks will go by too fast but I'm not going to think about that part. Good luck with everything...meetings, work, kids, husband...just everything:)
BEAUTIFUL pies! So...what happened to Sherwood and Katie?
Wow that sunset looks amazing- and the pies look even better. Way to rub it in that your gravy turned out so yummy. Cori piped in a little late to do me any good! We were on our own for Thanksgiving too and I decided i wont let that happen again. It stunk.
April-I don't think I can take a few weeks off. I hear you, you are ONE of the reasons I don't want to quit. But I have 2 @ home that are needing their momma! :) We shall see!
Erin-why thank you! We are SO excited, Lacey said you guys are going out there for a few days. I think we'll tag along if it's not on the weekend!
Heather-Thank you, how did yours turn out? They were hit by a huge work truck & were slammed into a barrier. On the other side of that barrier was a HUGE drop off. Katie's car was totaled & they were beat up pretty badly, but fortunately nothing serious. They were actually coming home from Katie having knee surgery! It's also the second time Sherwood has been hit, the first was by a diesel!
Sandi-It was SO pretty! Cori came through just in the nick of time. I was so nervous to try gravy again, but hers was SO easy & SO good! We won't be doing Thanksgiving alone again either....hopefully!
Post a Comment