Thursday, September 10, 2009

My project.

I've been wanting to "redo" Averi's
room for a while now. Not anything too
extravagant, just a room that she loves to be in.
I've been looking for a dresser on craigslist for
a few months & finally found one for $10 bucks.
I ended up paying $20 because of some
crazy lady that REALLY wanted it.
(hopefully that crazy lady isn't any of you;)
It was quite ugly, with a really bad
spray paint job.
Here is the before:
And here is the after:
I sanded it down really good.
Put 2 coats of "almond cake" paint on it.
When it dried I "roughed" it up &
then I put stain on & rubbed it off.
When that dried I added a sealer coat.
Dan's cousin bought an older house a while
back & was redoing the kitchen. She offered
the awesome old knobs to us & they've been sitting
here for quite some time just waiting to be
put to good use.
I love the way it turned out &
most importantly, so does Averi.
***
Next up is tackling a head board for her.
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Cierra::The Yellow House said...

Wow! I'm impressed :) I love projects like these. It's so fun to have something that looks really good, that YOU made, & on a budget. You go girl! (do people still say that?)

The Papa's said...

Like, totally!!! Like for sure!!! I'm pretty sure if they don't, you can get away with it. ;) No really, thanks! I think it turned out rather well myself.

Heather B said...

That's impressive! I'm trying to get up the courage to sand and repaint a bunch of things, but I've never done it and I'm afraid it will be a nightmare. You've inspired me though!

Josh and Cori said...

holy cow-that is absolutely adorable. I love it! You are quite the crafty one. I love that "roughed up" style. Good job.

Erin said...

That is Awwwwesome. good job!