Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Gak.

(Lucas looks rough in these pics. He had a few run-ins with
the concrete)
This...stuff is SO cool.
Here is why:
*it is not messy like play-do.
I HATE play-do. I am not that mom
who lets her kids play with it.
Mean, I know!
*you can roll it, cut it, stretch it, bounce it.
We used cookie cutters, rolling pins &
anything else you can think of.
*it entertains my kids for a VERY long time.
***
Lucas' nursery teachers made all of the kids
in their class a bag of Gak. I was hesitant to let
them play with it @ home. I blame it on OCD.
But I finally relented &.....no mess, easy clean-up.
Both Averi & Lucas loved it.
So the next week I begged their teacher for the "recipe".
Here it is:
~GAK~
A:
1/2 cup of distilled water
1/2 cup elmers glue
B:
1/4 cup distilled water
1 tab of borax
(a few drops of food coloring or you can
leave it white)
Mix A & B in separate containers, then
combine A & B.
Have Fun!!!

8 comments:

Heather B said...

ooh, thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to try it.

Sandi said...

I'm so glad you gave your poor little deprived children and break and let them play!

The Papa's said...

Oh Sandi dear, did u let your girls play with play-do?!?

April said...

WHAT????? you can make it!!! I just used to buy it!!! I'm with Suz on this...say no to play dough...they mix the colors and then you have to throw them out.

Save little medicine containers and then you can make the gak "fart" too!

B Wed said...

So glad to get the recipe. I made play dough on Sunday for the kids and I know parents were hating me...I hated even having it in the classroom. It's so messy. I'm with you on the OCD. I Hate Messy Activities! I made Aylee through her play dough away as soon as we got home...I'm so mean!

The Papa's said...

Whoever created Playdough was an IDIOT. They must've not had ANY kids, or else they would've known better! This stuff is awesome!

A Little bit of Sparks said...

I am the awesome nursery teacher that made the Gak!!! I love it and I don't even have kids! I'm so happy that your kids injoyed it!

The Papa's said...

Brittany- I didn't know you had a blog, sweet!!! You ARE the awesome nursery teachers I was talking about!!! Thanks a bunch!!!