Sunday, August 16, 2009

1st Grade.

The summer just flew right by.
Averi started 1st grade on thursday.
Can you believe it?!?
I took her to find her class & meet her
new teacher, Mrs. Bennett.
She was super nice & I've heard some
really great things about her.
Averi seems to really like her,
which made it a little bit easier to leave her.
As soon as I walked out of her classroom
I teared up a little bit. I wasn't expecting
to be so emotional about it, but it
is wierd to not have her around as much.
Lucas asked ALL day where Averi was.
It will be an adjustment for all of us.
1st grade is a whole lot different than
kindergarten.
She is now there frome 9 to 3:30.
She eats lunch there...which happens
to be one of her favorite parts of 1st grade.
And last but NOT least, she has @ least 2
recess's.
***
(I wasn't sure if I wanted to share this, but
this is the only form of journaling that I do. With
that being said, I wanted to make sure I will always
remember this.)
The night before school started Dan
was able to give Averi a blessing.
This is a tradition we both felt was important
to carry on. Dan did a beautiful job
& the spirit was strongly felt.
The most touching part of it was
when I looked @ Averi midway through
(bad, I know)
& saw tears in her eyes. It is amazing
at how quickly she is growing up and
for the things she understands.
We're excited for the new things she
will learn & experience this year.

2 comments:

Erin said...

she is the cutest little 1st grader.

April said...

Awwwww....now I have a tear in my eye! What a good mom and dad!