Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Sherwood.

Where do I begin.
How about May 1981.
Ok, not really.
But since then I have been blessed to
share my birthday with my
awesome older brother Sherwood.
That sounds weird, because I've
always considered us to be the "same" age.
But he is older by a few minutes.
One thing you can say about being a
twin is that you're never alone & you
always have a friend. This rings
true with us. I've always know he'd be
right by my side, regardless of the teasing
& occasional fighting, no matter what.
And I've always considered him
one of my very best friends. Even
now when our lives are complete opposite
of each other. We shared a lot
of the same things growing up:
*friends
*interest in sports
But over the years he's become
quite the:
*hiker
*climber
*biker
*photographer
He's taken some amazing pictures of
all of the places he's hiked/biked/climbed.
And someday when I have the room,
I'd love to be able to frame some of them.
He's incredibly:
*awesome with my kids &
they know he loves them.
*kind
*sweet
&
*still cute as ever
{even under all of that hair}
;0)
I'm thankful I've shared the last
28 years
with him & hope to share many more.
Happy Birthday Sherwood!
Love ya'.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday to both of you!

Tyler and Kacie said...

Happy burfday to you too Roxanne!

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Ahhhh! I can't believe I didn't call! What a lousy friend I am. Hope you did something fun and had a great day. I'll be getting in touch for sure. Love ya!!!

Heather B said...

Happy birthday to you AND Sherwood! I love Sherwood, always have. Tell him hi for me.