Not much new is going on these days.
We are keeping busy with work, school, &
Dan & I both have new callings.
While Dan is excited for his new calling
as EQP, I will admit I am not excited for mine.
Is that horrible of me?
I love sports.
I have always loved sports.
For quite a few years my life revolved around
volleyball & basketball.
I loved playing so much I continued on in college,
I absolutely loved it...most of the time.
I'm excited for my kids to start
participating in city sports. In fact,
Averi will be starting soccer shortly.
Averi will be starting soccer shortly.
For 2 years I served as an assistant to
the stake sports director.
Once again, I loved it...for the most part.
Once again I have been called to be an assistant.
All I can do is dread it. For a # of, I think, reasonable reasons.
*Averi is now in school & has to be in bed by 8 o'clock,
I won't be done until 10 pm.
*I now work. Before I didn't. So I am gone from home
2 to 3 times a week.
*Dan has meetings on thursday for EQ, so he won't be
home to watch the kids. So I will have to entertain them
from 7-10 pm.
Now, I will admit that there are 2 other un-righteous
reasons that I am dreading this calling.
*Volleyball
*Bunco
I will have to give these 2 up. I am horrible, I know.
But "someone" must be testing me to put me in this calling AGAIN!!!
Just so all of you that will now judge me, just know that I am totally
willing to serve. It would be nice for a change that's all!!!







11 comments:
Bunco is LAME! (UNLESS....you were playing with me!) hehehehehe- I'm not bitter =0) LOL
Is it biter or bitter? C'mon my spell check lady!
Are you a biter? or are you bitter?
You could be both!!! You most likely are a biter...Mona!!!:0)
You ARE NOT giving up bunko are you?? What the *&^%!!!! Also, I can totally watch your kiddo's on thursday while the boys are at EQ!! You know Lucas would LOVE that!! :)
Quitting Bunco is not an option...or volleyball. I can always argue that it's for my health right? I just have to work up the courage to ask to be released, so far no luck. But Lucas would LOVE hangin' at your house
So I guess I wont brag about my new calling...oh wait, yes I will! I am the new ward librarian and it is the best calling EVER! woohoo for me!
Roxanne...you coward!!! Family, volleyball and bunco then your calling in THAT order!!!
Ohhh....Mona is a biter....poor Tyler! OUCH!
Ok Roxanne & Mona u 2 are killing me! Ummm sometimes in Certain parts of the world, in a state we won’t mention, that has a large LDS population, you tend to get categorized and shoved into the same calling FOREVER. They have a difficult time allowing everyone the opportunity to learn and grow in other areas. They never stop to think “hay maybe that person could bring something new and exciting to the table”! Nope they just stick with the cookie cutter fits. Just so you know, I adore you and I know you have much to share. I think you are one of my most amazing friends! Xoxoxo love ur guts…… still waiting for our weekend getaway missy!
Ok Roxanne & Mona u 2 are killing me! Ummm sometimes in Certain parts of the world, in a state we won’t mention, that has a large LDS population, you tend to get categorized and shoved into the same calling FOREVER. They have a difficult time allowing everyone the opportunity to learn and grow in other areas. They never stop to think “hay maybe that person could bring something new and exciting to the table”! Nope they just stick with the cookie cutter fits. Just so you know, I adore you and I know you have much to share. I think you are one of my most amazing friends! Xoxoxo love ur guts…… still waiting for our weekend getaway missy!
Sandi-
No frickin' way!!! Dan & I were the ward librarians for about a year and a 1/2...we HATED it, but it grew on us. Do you really like it? You must check out the TV's each week & bring a movie to watch...that would be awesome!!!
April-
Mona IS a biter...& you're right, poor Tyler!!! When will you be back? Mona & Roxanne miss you so!!!
Mindie-
I completely agree with you about that "ONE" state. I would seriously love to be on the enrichment committee. Or I loved Yw. Actually, they were going to put me in YW's, but the Stake has higher priority. What the...sport's has higher priority than the youth? I just don't get it. Anyways, I love you too!!! And miss you!!! & I am down for a Vegas getaway with the girls. Let me know...I suck @ planning!!! Love ya'
Well Missy, that's because you haven't served in primary for 10 years straight and then found out you suffer from adult onset ADD(self diagnosed) and absolutely CANNOT sit through 2 hours of lessons every stinkin Sunday of the rest of your life! That is why I love the library and I am thinking of installing a coke machine so I can really enjoy my time there.
Post a Comment