Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday Traditions.

This tradition is actually one of my very favorites.
And it has nothing to do with anything that I do,
but Dan & I reap the rewards!!!
Every year, my mom has a grandkid sleepover.
They bake gingerbread cookies, have dinner, watch movies, sing, read,
laugh, visit my mom's neighbors, etc...
I usually try to have most of my Christmas shopping
done so that Dan & I can go out on a date (dinner/movie).
This year was a little different. Instead of going out
to dinner, we had a candle-light dinner @ home. Loved it!!!
We then did some minor shopping & then hit up
this movie. Awesome, though not as good as the 1st.
We had so much fun, & the kids did too. I hear
Averi & Sierra were up really late, Lucas did well
with all of the kids & then fell asleep with
Grandpa when he got sick of them. Grandma
made each of them a scrapbook page so
they'll remember all of the fun they had this year.
We're so lucky to have G & G Jolley close by, &
that they invite them every year to do this.
It is the highlight of Averi's year!!!

3 comments:

Tara and David said...

OK, that is the best tradition ever. I wish I lived closer to family so that could happen!

redheadsmom said...

That would be my favorite tradition as well. Maybe I should show my mom this post....

Becky Seymour said...

sweet i found your blog! It is darling! I am so jealous of that tradition! Sam and I are having our 1st date night in 7 months this weekend for our anniversary! So, where are you working ?? Your family and YOU are darling...loves