I sometimes wonder if I am even teaching my kids ANYTHING!!! Really, I question whether I'm even a good mom. Do you ever wonder if you were even supposed to be a mom? The thought crosses my mind from time to time, and it really annoys Dan. But today, my fears were put to rest...at least for now. Averi is such a sassy and spunky little girl. Sometimes she tests the limits to the very line. But she is still such a sweet-heart. Dan is out of town on his annual bow-hunting trip, I hate the end of August for this very reason. But it does allow me to get some things done and to spend some quality time with our kids, Averi in particular. I love putting Lucas to bed first, and letting her play in the tub for as long as she wants. Then we get ready for bed and cuddle and then we say prayers. It has never really crossed my mind if she really truly knows who she is speaking to when saying her prayers. She KNOWS exactly who she is speaking to. I don't know why I'm even so shocked, but I am. When she was saying her prayers tonight, she said: "I'm excited I get to go to church tomorrow to learn about YOU!!! Some times we come home from church and I think "What's the point?" But I'm thankful that she knows why we go, and why we say our prayers. She knows that we have a Father in Heaven who loves and cares for us very much and she wants to learn more about him and our Savior. So for now, my fears can be put aside. I think that We might be doing at least a little bit of good!!!
14 years ago








8 comments:
What a sweet story. I look forward to hearing cute prayers like that.
So sweet! So I guess you decide to go after all! ;)
Children say such darn cute things! We all could just blog about the cute,funny and crazy things are kids say. We would laugh so hard i'm sure. You are a great Mom,don't ever question it!!!! Your kids are lucky to have u~
Hey, I found you through Kaysha's blog! Yours is way cute.
Kathy
Suzanne
Hope you don't mind that I tracked you down. You have a cute little fam. We are at dennisandanita.blogspot.com if you ever want to visit us.
Dude. You are a rocking Mom. You know it. If you ever need a Mom Self esteem boost.. I could share some stories.
suzanne, your kids are so cute! glad you found us. We'll have to get together next time we are passing through town.
Brit P*
Come on- get real! What would this world be like without Averi? Seriously- what other 3 year old would say "your not the boss of me?" She is one of those kids you could just look at all the time and have to be on your toes with because she is real. What ever comes to her mind- shes gonna say!
Post a Comment