Friday, July 1, 2011

Averi/Last day of school

Summer is here!
Well...it's been here for well over a month & we are loving the lazy days & the pool!
2nd grade started out a little rough & it took some adjusting on everyone's part.
The work load seriously felt like it doubled from 1st grade to 2nd (I'm sure it only gets harder from here ;).
Averi loved her teacher Mrs. Smith & was sad to go @ the end of the year.
Averi improved SO much with her math over the year & we are so proud of her...math stinks!
A few months after school started, I noticed that almost EVERY SINGLE spelling test she brought home had 100%. I started keeping them over the last few months & was surprised when I was cleaning one day to find a pretty big stack of 100%'s.  We are so proud of her & her hard work!
It has been so fun to watch her become a great reader too!
I've loved introducing books to her that I loved as a kid!
Just this week she has read 3 books!
Looks like she is becoming quite the book-nerd like her Mom!
We are excited for 3rd grade, but we are enjoying the summer!
Congrats Averi...we love you & are so proud of you!

0 comments: