Sunday, March 20, 2011

California-Part 1

We've been home from California for a few days now & I finally feel like I can tackle a post about our festivities. I took over 250 pictures, so I've had a lot to sort through. Because of the insane amount of pictures & the fact we went for 2 days instead of 1, I will have to split it up into parts....lucky you! Leave now, this is mainly for documentation. :)
***
We had a BLAST!
We woke up early sunday morning & headed down to Cali, hoping to avoid the crazy traffic. And we did. We made it there in pretty good time & still had some time to kill before we could check in at our hotel. We headed to The Block & did a little window shopping...except for Dan, he found some great deals on shirts. We checked in at the hotel & relaxed for a bit before heading out to find some dinner. We love heading back to the neighborhood we lived in for a year. El Torito is one of our favs & so we headed there for dinner. It was delicious & I'm missing it already! :( We wanted to get to D-land pretty early so we went to bed early...I think we sub-consciously knew we'd need the rest!
We got to D-land as they opened & headed straight to Indiana Jones to get a fast pass. We have some friends who gave us some tips...THANK YOU Hancocks!
Lucas & I hung around while Averi & Dan rode...Lucas is too short!
We hit up the Jungle Cruise & Tarzan's Tree House...which both of the kids loved.
We also went to a little exhibit about Abraham Lincoln. Averi was excited to go in because she's been learning about him @ school. That was about the maximum of our educational experience on the whole trip! ;)
Just a few of the gang!
We scoped out a spot for the Jedi Training show hoping Lucas would be brave & try to get picked. What were we thinking?!? He is WAY too shy! Averi tried super hard to get picked, but she had to settle with just watching the show. It was awesome & we all loved it!
Buzz Lightyear!
Probably a family favorite.
Such a fun ride & worth the wait....which we didn't really have to wait that long.
This was probably Lucas's favorite & he kept asking to go back...which we did several times!
Dan was the family champion, reaching level 5 & 6 respectively! :)
Autopia!
So fun for the kids to be able to drive.
Averi got to drive her own car this time & had so much fun.
Lucas was just ecstatic to have his very own drivers license!
Toon Town.
Such a fun place for kids.
We stood in line for awhile so we could meet Mickey.
Averi's only request was to go to Pixie Hollow.
This was the longest we waited in line & she LOVED it!
I love how both of my kids get shy when they are around a character
As we were leaving the park, we noticed Goofy tucked back into a corner with NO line. We jumped on that & took a quick pick with him.
We had SO dang much fun the 1st day, the kids were great, we enjoyed watching Fantasmic with the Hancock family, but we were ready to hit the hay to get a little rest for Day 2!
To be continued.....:)

0 comments: