This may be the longest post EVER!
But I couldn't leave anything out, it was just too special of a day!
***
I want to give any detail I can possibly remember about this day...it was AMAZING!
For months Dan & I contemplated having Averi's baptism separately from the stake baptism.
We wanted it to be special & for her to remember it forever.
Well, those months past & I was feeling more & more stressed about it. It's really not something that should be stressed over...but I stress over EVERYTHING!
With school & finals, Averi's birthday, birthday party, Christmas & the craziness that brings, & New Year's Eve, we decided to just stick with the stake baptism.
Best decision.
It was an almost stress free day! :)
Here is Averi & Dan before the meeting.
She was SO nervous, but I think her Dad's presence calmed her a bit...he has a knack for that.
They had a small meeting for the baptizer & the baptizee (I'm sure that's not a real word! :), which they just went over a few things & let the kids ask any questions if they had any.
Our stake/ward have a great little packet that was put together to help the kids understand why they are baptized. We did the lessons in the weeks before the actual baptism. They were great lessons, short & sweet & to the point. Averi was ready to be baptized...she was SO excited!
The stake had a few talks which were so good & then the kids who were being baptized sang "When I am Baptized".
I cannot express how strongly the spirit was felt.
It was beautiful.
These kids did such a good job & of course I couldn't help but tearing up...ok, I was most likely crying through the whole thing.
There were a total of 9 kids being baptized, 3 from our ward.
We went last, so we stayed in the chapel & sang primary songs until our turn was up.

When it was Averi's turn, I took her to the baptismal font door where she met her Dad.
She was SO nervous, yet she was also SO ready.
Dan did a great job & it only took once! :)
It was so cute to see ALL of the little ones pressed up against the glass watching Averi being baptized. I wish I could have taken a picture. I am so grateful for her example to all of those little ones.
I got to spend a few quiet minutes with Averi after she was baptized, I will always remember how she looked & how I felt...I'm sure she will remember too. I asked her how she felt & she said she felt GREAT! :)
Besides being wet & freezing!
***
My sweet neighbor & amazing friend Leslie, whom Averi adores, came in & did a quick braid in Averi's hair.
***
After wards we headed back into the baptismal font room where Averi was confirmed a member of the church. She asked a few family members & close friends to stand in the circle, here's the list...so we don't forget:
*Dan
*Grandpa Papa
*Grandpa Jolley
*Uncle Cody H.
*Uncle Heathy
*Ben Meier
*Karl Torgerson
*Dusty Ellett
*Tyler Lunt
*Bishop Pinkston
***
Here are a few things that were included in her confirmation (Thanks Mom):
*as the oldest child in our family, we're grateful you chose to be baptized a member of the church.
*grateful you have a desire to serve as a disciple Jesus Christ.
*we bless you with confidence, with peace of mind & heart.
*our Heavenly Father will bless you abundantly as you call upon the Holy Ghost.
*put your faith in the holy Ghost & Jesus Christ.
I am so thankful & blessed to have Dan lead our family. A friend mentioned what a good job Dan did, I agree. We're lucky to have him!

Afterwards we headed to our chapel for some dinner. Can I just say how lucky I am to have such amazing parents. They helped make this weekend as stress free as possible. Above is everyone who came to celebrate with us, here's the list:
*Hansen family
*Uncle Cody J.
*Becca & Lance
*Liz & Jake
*Ellett family
*Meier family
*Torgerson family
*Mertlich family
*G & G Papa
*G & G Jolley
*McMullin family
*Heath & Erin & the boys
*Brooke & Oaklyn Ulrich
*Lunt family.
We are truly blessed with amazing family & friends.
Thanks for coming! :)

Averi & her Grandparent's.
She adores all 4 of them!

Just the 4 of us!

These are random pics I didn't want to leave out.
Top l to r:
*The Papa gang
*Uncle Heathy...Crazy Uncle Heathy!
*Averi & her bff McKenna.
*Linzi & Cody
*The boys: Lucas, Karson, Dax & Trysten....missing a few others! :)
*The momma's...Jo & Hiley, Cari & Trey, Trena & Liam.
***Thanks Everyone for coming!***

My sister Linzi made this darling baptism book for Averi.
It includes info from her baptism day, the song "When I am Baptized", a page where she wrote what she remembered about her baptism & confirmation (click on the pic & read what she wrote, very sweet!), & notes from everyone that came.
Averi loved it & I appreciated my sisters hard work to help Averi remember her special day.
Thanks Linzi~Love you!
***I made...well, I had good intentions of sewing, but I just didn't get to it in time, so my wonderful Mom sewed the CTR shield on a white towel for Averi.
It turned out so cute!
I got the idea here.
Here is the poem that went with it:








1 comments:
Wow, it looks/sounds like it was such an amazing day. How cool for Averi!
Post a Comment