#12.
Lucas.
Today just so happens to be Lucas' 4th birthday, so it's only fitting that he is my #12.
But he's much higher up on my "thankful" list than #12.
Born 11.12.06.
Weighing 9 lbs. 6 oz.
3 weeks early.
Chubby little guy.
Had a rough start.
Took him home after 5 days in the NICU.
I think he must've been giving us a glimpse of his stubbornness.
He has had a lot of 1st's this year:
*1st day of preschool.
*1st year of swimming lessons.
*1st year of Primary.
*1st major ER visit.
A little about him @ age 4:
*He's shy. It took us months to get him to go to Primary without big alligator tears running down his cute little cheeks.
*Is a great eater. Eating pretty much any fruit or veggie. a mother's dream!
*Stubborn. Oh man, there are somedays he's lucky to make it through!
*Funny.
*Smart.
*ALWAYS hungry. Just ask my neighbors. (Thanks for always feeding him "snacks")
*Sweet. Most of the time.
*A boy. Meaning: loves dirt & is super loud!
*An early riser.
*Loving preschool. I'm pretty sure his teachers love him too.
*Loves his sister & hates it when she leaves for school without giving him a kiss.
*Loves his friends & is ready to play with them by 8 am. I make him wait 'til 10. It's a LOOOONG morning!
*Loves "snacks". aka: candy, fruit snacks, or anything with sugar.
*Loving anything Super-hero.
*Loves the "missionary song". aka: "I hope they call me on a mission."
There is so much more that makes this cute kid so special.
We are lucky to have him as part of our family & can't imagine life without him. He reminds me to say prayers, loves singing primary songs & constantly wants me to sing to him. I will catch him on a regular basis singing the words to "Follow the Prophet." Without fail, it brings tears to my eyes. I am grateful, at the ripe old age of 4, that he reminds what I should be doing.
Happy Birthday Luke!
We love you!








0 comments:
Post a Comment