I am finally getting down to the end of ALL our pictures from the weekend.
Sunday morning we woke up, ate breakfast, packed up & headed to the pool to
cool off.

The water was FREEZING!!!
But once you got in it felt SO good!
There were a couple of party poopers (cough, cough) Dan & Dad. ;)
But Dan did take some great pictures, thanks babe!

Averi showing off some of her AMAZING jumping skills!
Uncle Cody, what a good sport to let everyone jump off his shoulders!

Lucas was CRAZY with a capital "C"!
He would jump in & yell "CANNNON-BALL" just about every time.
I love to watch all the "stunts" & faces he pulls when he jumps in.
***
This was the kind of weekend we have NEEDED all summer long.
Dan finished up his classes last thursday, I got one of my wisdom teeth out last monday, I ended up getting a sinus infection/cold on wednesday after feeling like I had the flu on tuesday.
It had been a long week & so this quick, short trip was greatly appreciated.
We are planning the next time we can make it back out to Ruby's/Bryce because there really is SO much to do there. Hiking, fishing & swimming is only a small part of it.
It's absolutely gorgeous there!
How lucky are we to live by this AMAZING place?!?
Labor Day sounds like the perfect time to make another trip!
***
On a side note, I wanted to write down what happened Sunday morning when we were getting ready to head to breakfast. I'm mainly writing it for me. To remind me that life is way too short & way too fragile to hold a grudge & not tell the people we love most that we love them.
We got a call sometime around 9'ish from my twin brother Sherwood.
He had been climbing & a rock/boulder about the size of a deep freezer had come loose & fell on his legs, trapping him. He yelled for help, not sure how long but I think it was for quite a while. It was pretty windy so no one could hear him. He was also in a place where his phone had no reception.
2 guys saw him, which really is a miracle, and were able to call for help.
The rock was removed by some firefighters & amazingly enough there was NOTHING broken.
He was taken to the hospital, checked out, & released.
He is so lucky that he was un-injured, and even more so that he was FOUND.
We are super thankful that he was being watched over & that he was able to walk away.







1 comments:
Wow, I am glad he is ok!! Your right, we can't take life for granted. But it looks like your having a blast. Can't wait to see you at Bunko!
Post a Comment