Thursday, February 4, 2010

{Thankful} Thursday

Life is busy. Sometimes Crazy. But that's not any thing new.
But as I sit here, I can't help but feel thankful.
We spent over 8 hours in the ER last night.
Lucas hurt his neck on the trampoline.
Yes, I am rethinking the brilliant plan of getting a trampoline.
Or at least, letting Santa bring one. ;)
But after a CT & MRI, it turns out that there is no broken bones or torn ligaments.
He is lucky. So so so lucky.
And I am Thankful.
***
Dan works w/some AMAZING people.
Lucas had THE best nurse. She was SO sweet & SO great @ her job.
She assured me that she would stay by his side during the MRI because we weren't allowed to be with him.
And then there was A*, I believe her job description is "critical care tech" (or something like that).
She was Awesome. She brought lots of goodies to keep Lucas occupied, talked to him about her farm & didn't mind when Lucas kept asking what her Dad's name was?!
Thankful.
***
Also, I am once again reminded of how AMAZING Dan is.
Because Lucas needed an MRI, they had to sedate him.
This scared me. I tried to put a brave face on. Even though I KNEW he'd be ok, I was terrified.
Dan knows that I don't do well w/ all the medical mumbo jumbo.
His presence put me @ ease & he even managed to make me laugh a few times, which definitely lightened my mood. A* kept saying, "Wow, you guys are so calm"....if she ONLY knew.
Dan definitely has a calming influence over me & for that,
I am thankful.
***
Last, but definitely not least.
We have been blessed w/AWESOME neighbors.
(C* fam, we will miss you SO much!)
Without hesitation they are ALWAYS there to help.
Thank you M* family for getting Averi off the bus, helping her w/homework & offering to keep her, AND bringing us dinner. You are AMAZING!!! Thanks to your sweet hubby for helping Dan give Lucas a blessing. What would we do w/out you guys?!!!?
Once again....Thankful!
***
And of course, I am thankful for family.
There are times that the Papa family would not function w/out the help & support of our amazing families.
***
Thankful that Lucas is happy & healthy.
We are truly blessed.

2 comments:

April said...

I'm glad that Lucas is fine! How scary!!!

Krystal Trapnell said...

So glad he's okay! And yay for husbands to keep us calm!