Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Beds.

I picked up this "purty" headboard @ the DI a few weeks ago for $12 bucks.
Wow, there are really NO words for how U*G*L*Y the floral picture was.
So I slapped on a few coats, sanded & distressed it a tad & I think it turned out rather well.
Averi loves it, so I guess that's all that matters! :)
(now i just need to make a few pillows, get rid of the white one & it will be complete)
*****
Things move just a bit slower in the Papa household than probably most of your homes. Lucas has been in a crib up until recently. He didn't really ever climb out until the last little bit. And the fact that there isn't a baby in the near future for us really didn't pressure us all that much to move him. We finally got around to making the transition & Lucas has been in "Big Boy Heaven" ever since!!! I've been looking for an inexpensive headboard/footboard in all of the regular places, but no luck so far! I have come across a FABULOUS sight called "Knock off Wood". It is a great sight & the lady...yup, I said lady designs & builds AWESOME pieces of "knock off" furniture from places like West Elm, Pottery Barn, Land of Nod, etc. But for only a FRACTION of the cost! Sweet! She features readers who have built furniture from her plans & believe it or not, quite a few of the "builders" turn out to be women! Impressive if you ask me! I have kind of settled on this headboard/footboard for Lucas. Now all I have to do is talk Dan, in ALL of his spare time, into building it!

2 comments:

Erin said...

great job with the photos and great job with the bed. Awesome! I wanna take a photography class. until then you'll have to come visit and take pictures of my kiddos

Heather B said...

Awesome job on the headboard, it looks MUCH better! And I would keep my kids in a crib forever if they didn't climb out! Heck yeah!