Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day.

Dan & I both had to work this past weekend, but
we worked it out so that we could leave Sunday night
out of town. I found a room at a really good price @
the Santa Fe Station in Vegas. Not our 1st choice, but
it was clean & had a ton of things for us to do there.
We left after our friends blessed their baby. Poor
Dan had been up for 22 hours straight, so I thought
it was best if I drove. Averi & Lucas were excited to
get out of town & both Dan & I have been needing
a little bit of a break. Our hesitation of going to
Vegas is that everything is so spread out. We loved
the hotel we stayed @ because it had so many
things to do there & we didn't have to leave & spend
all of our time driving.
We went swimming, we bowled a few games, which was
an absolute blast. I was a little worried about Lucas
staying interested, but they have a way for him to bowl
without actually lifting the ball. He loved it & so did Averi!
Of course I didn't take my camera with me. =(
After we checked out of our hotel, we watched
G-Force. It was, surprisingly, very cute & funny.
Back in March we went down to Vegas & told
the kids we'd take them to the M & M factory.
But we ran out of time. So we made sure to make
time to head down there. Averi was SO excited, to say
the least. We let each of them pick out a few colors
& then decided to try out PF Changs before we
headed home. It was really good food, I loved mine,
Dan thought his was ok. We both decided that we
weren't quite sure what all the hype is about it though.
***
This was a much needed, quick, getaway.
We had SO much fun & it was nice not to feel like
we had to rush to do a bunch of things.
As we sat in the jacuzzi, having a suds war
& listening to my kids giggle when Dan
threw bubbles at them, I couldn't help but think
that no matter how crazy our life gets, we still
know how to laugh together!

4 comments:

Jack Attack said...

fun. I tho't you were staying @ Red Rock??? and I'm with you on PF Changs-I lived in China and had the real deal so it's nothing great for me either. glad you had fun.

The Papa's said...

Well, we were going to stay @ RR, but I just could NOT pay the $250 for one night. I was tempted, but my inner cheapskate won out. Sorry we missed you guys, definitley next time!

whitneys said...

My kids loved M&M world too!! Glad you all had fun!

Tyler and Kacie said...

um...I am not so syre we can still be friends!!! PF Changs was "ok"???? For real???????? You are on crack lady!!!!! We must chat!