Tuesday, July 14, 2009

swimming lessons.

Averi just finished 2 weeks of swimming lessons.
We're so proud of how much she improved & I was
also amazed @ what she could do, like the backstroke!?!
I had no clue that she could do that & I have to say,
she did it well.








Here are the things she had to pass of to "graduate":
~enter water from the side.
~submerge entire head
~bob 10 times
~pick up submerged object
~front float (face in water)
~front glide
~back float/recover
~back glide
~jellyfish float
~roll over front/back & back/front
~change direction while moving
~treading
~combined front/back stroke
~alt. side leg action
~use a life jacket (unnecessary for my tall child, she
already touches the bottom of the pool, but good for her
to know =0)
~water safety rules.

3 comments:

April said...

YEAH!!! Does that mean no more whistles?

The Papa's said...

Well, Wednesday through Friday you won't be receiving any more whistles. But I'll be sure to make up for the loss on Mon & Tues.;0)

Shannon said...

Love Love Love the new family picture!!!! Who took that? I need a new camera cuz mine finally broke.... any suggestions for under $200? So glad your blogging- love to see how everyone looks- you look like you have lost weight!!!