Sunday, June 14, 2009

10 year reunion, Part I.

2009 means that I've officially been
a high-school grad for 10 years!
The thought of that makes me
feel....well {old}.
Our class reunion was this past
weekend, so it was a good excuse to
get together & have some {fun}.
Instead of joining in the festivities @ the
park, a few of us decided to hit the lake
with NO kids. It was a nice break!
(a huge thank-you to G & G Papa for watching the kids all day)
Thanks to Dan, Brad, Josh & Samuel for
being good sports & hanging out with us!
The weather was a bit overcast, but
it eventually warmed up. Brad &
Samuel impressed us with their
wakeboarding skills, they made it
look so easy. I decided to be brave
& try it out. I figured there was NO-WAY
I would ever get up, I have never been
able to get up on ski's! With some great
coaching from Brad & Samuel, I got up after
about 6 or 7 try's
(maybe a few more than that, I'm not sure!)
It was {AWESOME}.
Genis & Heather were pro's &
Katie got up on her 2nd try, very impressive!
Dan decide to give it a try & got up after
a few try's also. I'm proud of you babe, I know
you didn't feel too hot!
We had a blast together & it's always
fun to get together & laugh.
(Heather, none of my pics of you showing off your mad skills
turned out. So I put this lovely one of you up =0)
Samuel put on a great show, he did a
flip @ the very end. All I can say is
{AMAZING}
I can't believe how incredibly sore I am today.
It just makes me feel that much older.
Ladies, let's not wait too much longer
to get together again.
(how does a girls Vegas trip sound?!)
***
I have been blessed with some
{Amazing} friends since I was very
young, & it didn't stop when I entered
high school. I was pretty reserved in
high school (shocking, I know). My friends
were mostly made up of my teammates.
(I did have some other amazing friends outside of sports)
We laughed, cried, yelled, sang & pretty
much anything else you can think of,
{together}
I hope they know how lucky I have
been to have them in my life. Even after
all these years, we can still have
a blast together.
{Love you girls}
***
More reunion pics to come!

5 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

So fun! And besides, who needed friends besides teammates? :) And for those of us who really knew you, you were NOT reserved. SPRING BREAK 2000!

The Papa's said...

You're right, the best friends I've had were teammates. I think it's because you go through a lot together! What I meant by reserved was it's hard for me to make friends with others, I'm not really that outgoing! Awww, Spring Break 2000 will always be close to my <3 heart!!!;0)

Heather B said...

Teammates make the best friends FOR SURE!!! Don't worry that you didn't get a picture of my mad skills. You got a great one of me bending over. That's one of my best skills. :) VEGAS TRIP! I'm sending out an email!

April said...

Sounds like you had fun! And thanks to your great recipe we had fun on our adventure!!! Drew wants to know what other recipe I can have! lol!

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Suz,

Okay, so I haven't been on the blogging side for a while now and thought I'd check yours out again. HOly Cow, soooo cute! I am dying over your family pics. When can I get mine done, seriously! Who took the one of your family? All of you look great! I just e-mailed you about our reunion pictures. I need them all, no camera...remember. Anyway, it was a freakin' blast! I feel the same way about our friends, so lucky to have em! Love ya girl!