Friday, May 22, 2009

The Graduate.

I'm not going to lie.
This was a tough day for me.
Our sweet Averi is growing up right
before our eyes. And yes, I know she
is only 6. But I was just getting use to the
idea that she was in kindergarten.
After today, she will officially be a
{1st Grader}
We are so proud of how much she
has grown & learned this past year.
She's really starting to take off on her
reading. She came in the other day with
a book & read a whole paragraph by herself.
It was an awesome experience as a mom to
just sit there & let her read to me.
I hope that she learns to love to read.
It something that I've always loved to do.
She has carried around a small notebook
for the past few months sounding out
words of the many things she sees around her.
We have loved her teacher, Mrs. Thornberg.
She has been fantastic & we will truely miss
her next year.
***
The kindergarteners have been
working on their graduation program for
quite some time & they did such a great job.
They sang 4 or 5 songs.
I got all teary-eyed.
They were that good.
They did so {Awesome}
They then recieved their
certificate & then we split
into their individual classrooms.
Mrs. Thornberg had a slide show
& then the kids performed a "skit"
for all of the parents. They did so
good. Averi was a bunny, but she really
preferred to be a monkey.
She did great & she has really
enjoyed going to "drama class"
once a week this year.
***
We're excited for summer & all of
the fun that it brings. But Averi is already
excited to start 1st grade.
We are so proud of you Averi!
We <3 You!!!

2 comments:

Mindie said...

Yeah! Congrats QT!!!!! So cute!

heidijogoody said...

ya that is even crazy to me to think that she will be in 1st grade! My how time flies