(Me, Dad, Sherwood, Lisa, Linzi & Cody. Mom is behind the camera)
Every year, from the time I was very little, my
parents would have a "journey" dinner. We would dress
up in robes & put towels over our heads like we were from Jesus' time
We would go from room to room (inn to inn), seeking shelter. At
each inn we would be turned away. We would then make our
way to the living room where my Dad would read the Christmas
story out of the scriptures. My mom had a cloth bag that held our
dinner, which consisted (usually) of : jerky, oranges, cheese, some
kind of bread(flat?), juice. I've always loved this tradition. It has
always helped remind me of the true meaning of Christmas. This
year we won't be doing it with my entire family :(, but we will
continue this tradition with my small family.








2 comments:
Love it! Cute family and what a great tradition. I had a dream last night that you and I were playing b-ball (I was supposed to be the referee because I was wearing these big boots, but I couldn't help but play!). That was fun. Miss you and your pinch, twisting and pulling!
I think another tradition should be Christmas dinner with the Lunts and the Ellermans! =)
Post a Comment