Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dan...(long post)

Those of you who know Dan, know that he's a pretty cool guy. I wanted to jot a few things down about the past week that I've had and why I think he's 1 in a million . For lack of a better word, this week has....SUCKED!!! It all started about a week ago, when I decided to get my christmas tree out early so I could be all decorated before Thanksgiving. I noticed that the base of my tree was not holding up well(why didn't I notice this last year?). But I decided to go ahead & put it up anyway, thinking that Dan could just figure out a way to make it stand for 1 more Christmas. Sunday night, after I had already put lights on & taken them off again, we finally got the tree ready for the kids to help decorate. We got all of the ornaments on & it looked great!!! I took a couple of traditional pictures by the tree & it was bedtime!!!! But then all of a sudden, the @#%* thing fell over. I had had it!!! I literally threw a small temper tantrum & went crying...yes, I said crying to my room. Now, I'm not gonna lie...the past few months have been kind of a struggle & I think my frustration finally won out. But Dan is the "calm" one of us & he sat down & decided to figure out a way to fix the tree. He took the base off & took it to his Dad's shop & built a new base for our tree. It is now a functioning tree & it looks great(pictures to come soon). Fast forward to Monday. Monday's are my "cleaning" days. So some where between scrubbing toilets & mopping the kitchen floor I realized that my wedding ring had gone "missing". I searched high & low, but it was nowhere to be found. I knew I had left it on top of my jewelry box...where I ALWAYS leave it. I really am not careless about where I leave this one piece of jewelry. It's not only my wedding ring, but it was also Dan's grandma's, so it is very special to us. I was nervous to tell Dan, if the situation was reversed I think that I'd be upset with him. Remember, I am NOT the calm one. But he was very sweet & concerned because I was. He helped me look for it, assured me that it would turn up somewhere & told me not to stress. I didn't find it that night, I got up tuesday feeling overwhelmed & immediatley started looking. I was so concerned with finding my ring that Averi missed the bus. I searched for about 2 1/2 hours before finding it in the couch. "Mr. Calm" just gave me a hug & made sure I was now ok. I'm sure he was relieved, but I'm telling you, I wouldn't have been so nice & calm if it was the other way around. He's sets such a great example for me, if only I wasn't so dang stubborn!!!

6 comments:

Krystal Trapnell said...

So glad you found your ring! Dan is a keeper!

Mindie said...

Yep I agree that one is deffiently a keeper! But then again I have always know what a rock star he is so this really does not surprise me at all. I'm glad you found your ring and all is well.. Just don't forget to breath..... love you xoxo

Tyler and Kacie said...

I know how stressed you were (and thank you by the way for STILL being a good time at work regardless)!!! I'm so glad you found it! P.S. Dustin asked if we could make our Tuesday and Wednesday switch PERMANENT!!!!! So guess who gets to work with you TWO nights a week baby!!!!! Oh yeah! Look out!!! hehehehe

Jack Attack said...

I think all Papa boys are born with the calm/relaxed style. Aaron is the same way. So glad you found your ring. I lost mine within the first year we were married playing what else...baseball. When I took the mitt off, my ring went with it. We were in a huge grass field and I tho't we'd never find it. We had everyone in the park on their hands a knees. Luckily, Aaron's brother found it. It just makes you sick.

Heather B said...

Dan, you're great! I'm SO glad you found the ring. (Mine just randomly went missing too, about a month ago, and no luck for me! I'm going to go look in the couch though...)

April said...

And THAT is why we are friends!! Right there!! I think Dan and Drew would be good friends too! They are both mellow. I'm so glad you got the tree thing worked out and that you found your ring!!! I'm having "Roxanne" withdrawls!! But I'll see YOU next week! PS...you can bring my card to work! =)