Sunday, November 2, 2008

This year we were invited to a pumpkin carving party!
We don't usually get too outrageous with what we carve on our
pumpkins, but there were so many patterns to choose from.
We settled on: cinderella, tigger & yoda.
In the past I've left all of the carving to Dan, while I clean out
all of the pumpkins. But I decided to try my hand out at
the carving this year. I had a blast, and using a stencil is
the only way to go. I carved cinderella (Averi's choice), and Dan
did Tigger (for Lucas) and Yoda (this was definitely not for me).
This is Dan taking a break from carving to participate in some illegal activity.
They set off two, yup I said TWO dry ice bombs. One of them
landing under somebody's work vehicle. Let me just say it
turned out that we wouldn't be having free icecream for a while. Phew!!!
Did I mention that next year Dan will be turning 30!!!
Some boys never grow up.
I can't say that the kids helped much. Lucas is
still a bit too young to have any interest. Averi just doesn't
want a thing to do with cleaning out the insides. But they both had
a blast playing with all of the other kids.
The finished product!!!


4 comments:

Heather B said...

Wow, they turned out so great! Good job! My mom said she saw everybody in the temple. That would have been so awesome, wish I could have been there.

Tyler and Kacie said...

We went trick-or-treating to your house and you weren't even home! A bowl on the porch with candy?......C'mon!!! (I stole a piece of gum for myself!) HA! that's what you get! hehehehe! Hope you had a fun Halloween! BTW- remind me at work tomorrow to tell you about the dream I had ;)

Tara and David said...

Awesome jod! Dan don't feel bad...my husband would have been there with ya and the dry ice bomb.

Jess said...

Looks like a fun Halloween!