Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lake Powell



I'm still trying to get the hang of this thing, I'm not quite sure of what I'm doing but since this is going to be my form of a journal for my family and I, I wanted to write a little about our trip to Lake Powell. So it's been since high school(over 10 years) since I've been to the Lake. My parents went last November and the July before that, but we weren't able to go for various reasons. So I was really excited to take Dan this year. His family went last year, but just camped at the campgrounds there. Staying on the houseboat is such a different experience, so we were excited to go. The first night we made it up the channel a few hours to Friendship Canyon, it was a beautiful area, but not ideal for little kids (we had 8 between my sisters and I). There wasn't a good beach for the kids to play on, so we decided to only stay that night, mainly because we got started up the lake kinda' late so we didn't have much to choose from. The next morning we got up early and went back down the lake and found a nice beach in Padre Bay. The red rocks and canyons were so gorgeous. I'll try and figure out how to post some pictures(wish me luck). We had a nice little area to fish, tube, ski, and swim. We played ate, played games, ate, skiied, ate some more, tubed and of course ate. It is such a relaxing vacation, you don't have to drive, do your hair or anything of the sort, so it's kinda nice. The kids even got to fish, I believe Averi was the only one that didn't catch anything, maybe next year. My little 5 year old neice even tried to ski, she actually got up for a few feet. A big deal if ya' ask me, it was so cool. We stayed for 5 days, which was perfect , considering the kids were getting a little sick of each other. But we had a blast and can't wait for the next time we're able to go.

0 comments: